Architecture and delivery of the Helen of Troy Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure for consumer and medical products under brands such as Braun, Vicks, PUR and Honeywell.
Direct the development and implementation of the energy monitoring IoT platform and Cloud strategy. Responsible for bugeting, design, and support of all technologies. Managing outsourced development teams in US, Spain, Romania, India.
Architected and designed the energy monitoring IoT platform and cloud software products.
- Load level energy monitoring, cloud-based distributed computing. Data visualization, trending (AngularJS, D3, Adobe Flex) →Energy UI screenshots
- Customer-premise equipment (CPE) for high quantity, high speed, real-time data acquisition (Java 7/8, embedded Linux, C firmware)
- Tera-byte sized time series database cluster (Hadoop/HBase/Kafka, Spark, Scala and Java)
- Energy usage prediction and fault detection using machine learning systems (Java EE 7, R, Wildfly Cluster, Neo4J, MySQL)
- Operation Support System (Java EE 7, Wildfly Clustering, Apache MQ, AngularJS) → screenshots
- Architected and designed utility/cloud computing for IT services (Java, CORBA, C, MySQL, Postgres)
- Financial document mining and classification using NLP and k-means clustering (C, C++, Java)
- Citizen journalism, document classification, and editorial support system using NLP and neural nets (Java 6/7, C++, PHP, MySQL)
- Property tax calculation/validation (Java, MySQL, PHP)
- VoIP integration for small retail operations and hospitality industry (Asterisk, Java, C)
- Responsible for product development, and for advanced technology development
- Distributed content mining, natural language analysis and processing
- World-wide content distribution
- Financial responsibility for product development, implementation, IT infrastructure, and R&D budget
- Awarded the Innovative Software Product Award from the Advanced Packaging Association (APA) 2003 and 2004
Co-founder and Principal, computer-aided design (CAD) interoperability and data mining technologies.
- US Pat No. 6516452: Method and Apparatus for verifying design data
- US Pat No. 6647156: Data Retrieval Method and Apparatus
- US Pat No. 6684224: Remote Database Update Method and Apparatus
- Pending US and Japanese Patent: Data extraction method and apparatus
- Pending US Patents: Data Extraction Method and Apparatus, Graph Isomorphism
- Author & maintainer of "Fuzzer" - a simple & light-weight fuzzy logic code generator; on GitHub or Maven Central
- Yarg - Yet Another ReST generator for Java; on GitHub or Maven Central
- uwemeding.com: Various articles on cloud computing; algorithms; software business.
- Principal Component Analysis of Time Series; Sep 2013
- Component Library and Design Interoperability: Protecting your most valuable design investment; U.S. Tech 19:8 (2004) p37ff
- Design Chain Management; ChipData March 2003
- Design Automation Conference 1996-1998; Research Paper Review Panel
- Design Automation Conference 1996; Panel Member 'Issues and Answers in CAD Tool interoperability'
- Concepts: Software Product Design; Enterprise Architecture; Software Strategy; OOAD; AOP; SOA; SaaS; Multi-threaded applications; E-Commerce; Fuzzy Logic System; Expert Shells; Neural Nets; Markov Processes; PLM/PDM
- Protocols & API: Hadoop; Spark; Java EE; CORBA; REST; RMI; RPC; Jess; AngularJS
- Databases: MySQL/MariaDB; Postgres; Oracle
- Large Compute/Storage Systems: Hadoop; HDFS; HBase; Replication; Failover